When talking about an Android Tablet and a car or a Windows 10 Tablet and a car it is more than just about being able to play Juicy Stakes Casino bonuses while waiting for your kids to get out of sports practice.
There are three main areas to think about. The first is using the tablet while attached to the back seat, so the kids can watch a movie during a long car ride instead of always saying “Are we there yet?” for the millionth time.
The second is physically attaching the tablet to the car to use a radio or GPS Map program or diagnostics of the car.
The third is that the tablet is a being exposed to non-normal conditions, aka working outdoors as a construction worker, plumber, electrician, delivery person or a whole slew of other occupations that equal tablets and non-clean “office environments”.
Attaching the tablet to the back seat of the car (standard tablet with a shockproof case)
For this scenario, it has nothing to do with the physical tablet, and it has everything to do with getting a solid case that can attach a strap.
Go onto AliExpress and type in “tablet android shockproof case” and go from there. My personal recommendation, look at cases first and then look for tablets that can fit those cases. AliExpress sells cases even for tablets that they do not sell, for example, Samsung or Xiaomi. Whenever I buy a tablet or a phone, I never buy one without buying a high quality case at the same time. I know too many people who spend a lot of money on a tablet. They think, “My child is careful, so I do not need to buy a case.” You talk to them a year later, and you find out within 6 months max, the tablet’s screen broke and the tablet is now a brick.
When buying tablets, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
Rugged tablets for on-the-go work
Rugged tablets are more than just a tablet with a shockproof case, and the price of the tablet is going to show that.
Let’s take a closer look at the “CONQUEST S22 ATEX”. What are its standard features and what are the features that set it apart from a regular tablet with a shockproof case.
- Model: CONQUEST S22 ATEX 5G Tablet
- Operating system: Android 11; GMS (global messaging service); FOTA (firmware over the air)
- Display: 8 inch
- Battery: 10000 mAh, up to 1000 hours standby (no standard tablet has as large of a battery)
- Camera: Rear is 48 MP and Front is 13 MP (standard for a phone, but not a tablet)
- 4G LTE (phone calls) and 5G
As you can see, even within the standard feature area, these standard features are on the high end with a huge battery and a higher quality camera.
But there are other features that are not standard on regular tablets:
- Strong flashlight (we are not talking using the camera’s flash as a flashlight so you can have some light while you open your front door)
- 1D/2D barcode scanner
- An infrared thermometer — excellent for doctors and nurses paramedics — can also be used by plant managers or construction workers to take temperatures of employees as well as surfaces
- Thermal imaging (-20 C to +170 C) — electrical wiring maintenance; first responders; security; animal health; mechanical installations; gas detections are just a few use examples.
- DMR Walkie Talkie (Digital Mobile Radio; international standard for two way radios) – construction sites; remote locations; inside high rise buildings; plant communication;
- VHF UHF Walkie Talkie ( Most “business” or “consumer” walkie-talkies will work on either the UHF band (400 – 470MHz) or the VHF band (136 – 174MHz). Use UHF for indoors and VHF for outdoors and longer distances.
- RFID – RFID tags are a type of tracking system that uses radio frequency to search, identify, track, and communicate with items and people. Essentially, RFID tags are smart labels that can store a range of information from serial numbers, to a short description, and even pages of data. People with critical medical conditions can now store vital medical data on an RFID card (for example, allergies to food or medicine). This tablet can read this “chip” and quickly get the patient vital medical information.
- Industrial fingerprint – we are talking a full fingertip fingerprint. Not the partial one that comes with some modern cell phones and tablets.
- ID Card Recognition
You can definitely see from this list that this is NOT your standard consumer tablet. Most of those features are not needed for home use, and the price reflects that. For a 6GB / 128GB tablet …
- Standard – $1,199
- DMR Walkie Talkie – US $1,264.00
- Thermal Imaging – US $1,389.00
- Customized Version – US $3,998.00
This tablet is designed for the following industries:
- Oil Drilling
- Gas Industry
- Coal Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Fire and Safety
Other tablets by this manufacturer include even higher temperature ranges and even longer lasting batteries.
Rugged tablets to connect to cars
There are two types of tablets for direct connection to a car. The first is a “standard tablet” that connects to a “car holder”. This type of car older is not the consumer put a magnet on the back of the phone case and put a magnet on a suction cup type of holder.
When you look at tablets on sites like AliExpress, a lot of them talk about being able to connect to a keyboard, not by Bluetooth and not by plugging the keyboard into the USB C port. It is a strip of what look like metal circles that you see on the bottom of the long side of the tablet. Instead of plugging those connections into a tablet keyboard, you plug those connections into a “car holder”. This in turn provides a solid mounting for the tablet. No more tablets falling to the bottom of the car after a quick slamming on the brakes. It also provides connection for RS232 (used by repair technicians to perform diagnostics and service updates), RJ45 (network cable), 2 USB 2.0 (standard USB for a regular computer), and a DC Charging port.
Tablets to replace traditional car radios
The main difference between a tablet that you would use as radio replacement and a traditional tablet is that one that is designed to be a car radio replacement includes buttons on the outside of the tablet. The screen size is small, so there is room for mechanical buttons. These buttons generally include microphone clearly marked, power button, home button, go back button, volume up and volume down — clearly marked on the front of the tablet. No more fumbling to find these buttons.
Also, the UI and apps are designed for a car driver in mind. These tablets even include a cooling fan, so the tablet can handle being run (and stored) in a hot car during hot summer months.
On top of all of that, these cameras are designed to work with auto cameras. But keep in mind that, at least according to one reseller, the cameras need to be bought when the tablet is bought, so the extra chips that are needed to handle the cameras are installed in the tablet and the cameras and tablets are synched together.
The last feature to mention is the video output, so you can control what is displayed on the display tablet in the back seat (what the kids are watching).
Once you replace your traditional car radio with a tablet specifically designed for a car, you are never going back.